CO-OP IT SERVICE DESK
Co-op/Intern • Canada (Hybrid)
What You'll Do
- Participate in the day-to-day operational support and service delivery of the IT Infrastructure by monitoring and responding to incidents, problems, and changes through the internal ticketing system
- Serve as a liaison between the IT department and other departments to identify, resolve issues, restore services, and ensure proper documentation of the resolution notes
- Document all incidents, outages, status, and resolutions in accordance with IT (Information Technology) Service Desk procedures
- Issue timely, accurate and professional notifications regarding incidents impacting the user community or targeted service consumer
- Participate in the user onboarding, offboarding process by configuring laptops for new hires, managing hardware support and inventory management and re-imaging as required
- Create and maintain runbooks and process guidelines
- Adhere to IT confidentiality policies
- Provide afterhours support based on the scheduled rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- University degree/diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or pursuing equivalent education program
- Minimum 1 year of experience in IT
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to collaborate with end-users/clients to drive change
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software, and networking systems
Nice to Have
- Knowledge in Microsoft 365 and associated services like O365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive
- Knowledge with public cloud platforms like Azure and AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge in Virtualization techniques (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge /Experience in PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge in ITSM ticketing tool – Service Now
- Microsoft 365 Certifications
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent technical writing skills
- Customer service attitude, be prompt and responsive, be kind and understanding, be initiative-taking and creative
- Dedicated and collaborative team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
About GlassHouse Systems:
GlassHouse (GHS) is an enterprise system, and managed services solutions provider that develops, designs, and deploys solutions for leading enterprises in Canada and the US. For almost 30 years, GHS has delivered an enterprise level of service and support to clients. Recognized with industry-leading awards each year, GHS translates this differentiation into positive client experiences.
As we continue to grow we are hiring Network Security Engineer.
Join a team of professionals led by a diverse set of leaders from across the industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
GlassHouse Systems commitment:
We believe that a diverse team is the key to innovation and growth. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and encourages all candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GlassHouse Systems will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Please note that all candidates have to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a criminal record check.
GlassHouse Systems thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
If you feel you’d be a great fit but don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply. Thank you for considering GlassHouse Systems!