NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Full-time • Canada (Hybrid)
As a Network Security Engineer, you will be working under the direction of the Lead Network Security Architect to implement and support a wide variety of network and security technologies. This will include participating in the design, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of Network Security technologies such as Firewalls, IPS/IDS, NAC solutions and more.
What You'll Do
- Configure and implement network & security solutions for Glasshouse Systems clients0
- Working with key Support and Technology vendors, define Enterprise Hardware & Software standards for LAN / WAN infrastructure technologies and Firewalls, Web Content Filters, IPS, VPN, etc
- Perform infrastructure maintenance and upgrades to client environments
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations for client-driven initiatives and strategies
- Perform technical assessments using industry standard toolsets for network, and security architectures
- Creating standardized operating procedures and assisting with post implementation support after successful delivery of the new solution
- Documenting and maintaining network diagrams and configuration changes
- Install, configure, and manage firewalls (Palo alto, Cisco Firepower)
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall policies and VPN configurations, performing security administration functions for user access and remote access
- Establish and troubleshoot IPSEC tunnels with customers.
- Manage and monitor the intrusion prevention system
- Perform problem determination and root cause analysis, effectively working with vendors and carriers as required
- Provide technical support to internal and external clients, including problem determination, resolution, and escalation as needed
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be able to respond to critical or high severity alerts after hours and follow documented steps to address such issues
- Participate with on demand after hours change implementation for new initiatives and or in support of incident management
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer networking or computer science is preferred
- Certifications - PCNSE, CCNP
- Minimum 5+ years of working in a Network, with high level experience with Firewall environments, IDS/IPS, SD-WAN, VPN, Firewalls, etc
- Experience with technologies such as: Cisco / Fortinet / Palo alto (Palo Alto Threat Protection, Cisco Firepower Threat defense, IPS/IDS, HSRP/VRRP, VRF, VPC, VC, LACP, Fabric Path etc)
- Extensive support of Routing Protocols/Technologies such BGP, OSPF, MPLS VPN, Multicast
- Ability to perform TCP/IP Network traces/packet captures with solid experience interpreting results
- Ability to analyze packet captures using Wireshark and other related technologies
- Perform or participate in complex maintenance or deployment activities
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedure manual and processes used by the team
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, App-ID, user-ID, content-ID and Global Protect
- In-depth understanding on IPsec VPNs, Global Protect VPNs, Security Profiles, Firewall implementation
- Broad knowledge of security & network solutions, security monitoring, event analysis, threat hunting and countermeasures
- Experience in BGP/OSPF and EIGRP routing protocol design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural, virtual team, across multiple geographical regions
- Some travel is required for this position
Nice to Have
- Experience in IT and Data Centre infrastructure strategies, solutions, and concepts
- Knowledge of Virtualization techniques (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience applying ITIL best practices is an asset
- Experience in ITSM ticketing tool – Service Now
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In addition to network and security expertise, we expect the engineer to have a
- Strong team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere
- Ability to manage priorities, commitments and projects
- Must be able to grasp highly technical concepts quickly
- Passionate about cybersecurity concepts and technologies
About GlassHouse Systems:
GlassHouse (GHS) is an enterprise system, and managed services solutions provider that develops, designs, and deploys solutions for leading enterprises in Canada and the US. For almost 30 years, GHS has delivered an enterprise level of service and support to clients. Recognized with industry-leading awards each year, GHS translates this differentiation into positive client experiences.
As we continue to grow we are hiring Network Security Engineer.
Join a team of professionals led by a diverse set of leaders from across the industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
GlassHouse Systems commitment:
We believe that a diverse team is the key to innovation and growth. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and encourages all candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GlassHouse Systems will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Please note that all candidates have to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a criminal record check.
GlassHouse Systems thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
If you feel you’d be a great fit but don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply. Thank you for considering GlassHouse Systems!