Utility Provider in Ontario
Oracle DB on IBM Power Systems vs Oracle Exadata
- Modernizing an Oracle environment to increase performance and reliability.
- Minimizing operational costs of the environment, including infrastructure costs and Oracle licensing fees.
- Validating whether the existing Power platform could provide the lowest TCO while meeting all performance and business requirements.
- Turning visitors into leads.
- Performed a TCO study to demonstrate the total 4-year cost to run Oracle DB on IBM Power enterprise systems. The study was compared against a similar study performed by Oracle on Exadata.
- GlassHouse Systems designed and implemented a High Availability solution using high-end IBM Power Enterprise Servers at both the production site and the DR site.
- The High Availability solution using PowerHA and Enterprise Pools provided enhanced multi-system resource sharing and by-the-minute consumption of on-premises compute resources.
- 30% Reduction of Oracle subscription and support costs
- Increased system performance with IBM Power Enterprise Systems
- Improved reliability with Power Enterprise Pools and mobile system resources
- Ease of migration using PowerVM